Andreas Strobl letters

Jean-Michel Delire jmdelire at ULB.AC.BE
Sun Aug 29 14:13:51 UTC 2010

Dear Members of the list,

I am looking for informations about the Jesuits astronomers who worked in India, and especially about a Bavarian Jesuit called Andreas Strobl (1703-c.1770). Some of his letters are edited in the fifth volume of Joseph Stöcklein's Neue Welt-bott. Unhappily, I can't find more than the two first volumes of this book in Belgium and even the British Library has only the four first ones. Could anyone tell me (please understand after checking, for the libraries' descriptions are not always very clear about the volumes they have) which Library has this volume ? I would also be very happy to know if copies are possible (the books are old), at a not too expansive rate. I am especially interested by the letters having numbers 641, 642, 647 to 650, 806 and 807 (all the letters in Der Neue Welt-bott are listed chronologically by a number).

Thank you very much for your help,

Dr Jean Michel Delire,
Lecturer in 'Science and civilization in India - Sanskrit texts' at the IHEb (University of Brussels)