Collective Unconscious

Eugen Ciurtin e.ciurtin at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 8 12:00:07 UTC 2009

Jean Filliozat discussed such parallelisms (having also a medical training)
already in the 1940s. See e.g. "L’inconscient dans la psychologie indienne",
*Proceedings of the Xth International Congress of Philosophy*, Amsterdam,
1948, t. 1, 267-269 = 1974: 167-169; "The psychological discoveries of
Buddhism", *University of Ceylon Review* 13 (1955), nos. 2-3, 69-82 = 1974:
143-156, and also some other contributions from his kleine Schriften: his
teaching reports in *Annuaire du Collège de France* during the 1960-1970s);
*Laghu-prabandhŸ**². Choix d’articles d’indologie*, Leiden: E.J. Brill,
1974, and especially *Religion Philosophy Yoga: a selection of articles*,
translated by Maurice Shukla,* *Delhi: MLBD, 1991; Colette CAILLAT,
Pierre-Sylvain
FILLIOZAT, "Jean Filliozat (1906-1982)", *JA* 271 (1983): 1-4, and
"Bibliographie des travaux de Jean Filliozat", 5-24. More recently, and in a
somewhat different vein, could be of much help the synthesis of François C
HENET, "*BhŸvanŸ* et créativité de la conscience", *Numen* 34 (1987), no. 1,
45-96.

If you don't have the first papers, I can send you a scan.

with kind regards
E. Ciurtin

Indology <INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk>

--
Dr E. Ciurtin
Secretary of the Romanian Association for the History of Religions

Publications Officer of the European Association for the Study of Religions
www.easr.eu

Lecturer & Secretary of the Scientific Council
Institute for the History of Religions, Romanian Academy
Calea 13 Septembrie no. 13 sect. 5, Bucharest 050711
Phone: 00 40 733 951 953
www.ihr-acad.ro