Translations into Sanskrit

franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Thu Mar 19 21:25:34 UTC 2009

There is Sanskrit translation of the Bible, printed in the grantha
script, from 1863. Perhaps there are earlier ones.
If I remember correctly, Sylvain Levi discusses some evidence for the
translation of the Alexander Legend into Sanskrit in the early
centuries CE.
Best wishes,
EF