Octavio Paz

franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Tue Jul 28 21:45:32 UTC 2009

You must be thinking of the following verse by Dharmakirti:

Valmiki dammed the sea with rocks
put into place by monkies,
and Vyasa filled it the arrows shot by Partha;
yet neither is suspected of hyperbole.
On the other hand, I weigh both word and sense
and yet the public sneers and and scorns my work.
O Reputation, I salute thee.

Best wishe,
EF