Untoucables in Classical Tamil Society? (Re: New discovery in Tamil Nadu)

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at BERKELEY.EDU
Sun Jul 5 19:04:20 UTC 2009

on 7/4/2009 10:08 PM Dipak Bhattacharya wrote:
>  This all pervasive untouchability is, according to my knowledge, till now, on the whole,an unexplored subject.
Dear Dipak,

These are good studies:

Aktor, Mikael. 2002. Rules of Untouchability in Ancient and Medieval Law
Books: Householders, Competence, and Inauspiciousness. International
Journal of Hindu Studies 6, no. 3: 243-74.

Jha, Vivekanand. 1986-1987. Candala and the Origin of Untouchability.
The Indian Historical Review 13, no. 1-2: 1-36.

Regards,

Luis González-Reimann