Korean dhaaraNii text

Asko Parpola asko.parpola at HELSINKI.FI
Wed Oct 22 07:07:54 UTC 2008

Professor Kim Juwon from the Seoul National University has sent me a
sample of a dhaaraNii text printed in Korea in the 18th century,
asking for help in identifying the script and transcribing parts of
the text. This is not my field of expertise, and I cannot easily do
what he asks, but I trust there are members of the Indology list who
can fairly easily read this siddham script and identify the text --
may I ask for your help? Thanks to Dominik Wujastyk and Richard
Mahoney for mounting the sample on the indology.info server:

  http://indology.info/temp/Parpola_Korean_Dharani_1.jpg

With best regards,

Asko Parpola, University of Helsinki