Compatible Font for Macs and PCs...

Elliot M. Stern emstern at VERIZON.NET
Sun Nov 30 02:26:17 UTC 2008

I've been using Times_Ind_Uni-Roman for some time on my MacBook Pro.
It works well, if you select the Inuktitut - Nunavut keyboard. The
font was available from John D. Smith's website. Similar but
differently named fonts are now available: http://bombay.indology.info/software/fonts/induni/index.html
.

Elliot

On 29 Nov  2008, at 1:08 AM, Mary Storm wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Please forgive this request, as I am sure it is one that surfaces
> every year in some form... but I think I may have a new wrinkle.
>
> I am writing a book that is basically my dissertation that has grown
> up and wants to move on into the wide world. My dissertation was
> written in TransIndic for Mac. This font no longer exists. I need a
> transliteration font (for Sanskrit, Hindi, and Tamil) that works for
> both Mac and PC, so that I can edit, amend, expand the original
> text, which presently reads as gibberish on my MacBook Pro OSX 10.5.5.
>
> I have looked in all the obvious places for a MAC/PC compatible
> font, but have struck out. Sorry to be such an idiot and much
> gratitude to anyone who can help me out of this pickle!!!
>
> Many Thanks,
> Mary
>

> Mary Storm, Ph.D.
> Academic Director
> North India Arts and Culture
> and
> Himalayan Buddhist Art and Architecture
> SIT Study Abroad
> School for International Training
> www.sit.edu
>
> Mobile +91 98106 98003
> F-301 Lado Sarai
> 2nd Fl
> New Delhi 110030  India
>
> On 29-Nov-08, at 1:50 AM, Brendan Gillon wrote:

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
United States of America