Vai ṣṇava Līlāmṛt a of Mādhava Paṭṭanā ẏaka

Arlo Griffiths arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Wed Mar 26 08:36:57 UTC 2008

The relevant Jhaṅkāra reference is:

Kailāsa Candra Dāśa, "Vaiṣṇava Līlāmṛta: eka
dṛṣṭipāta", Jhaṅkāra (44śa varṣa, 9ma saṃkhyā)
Ḍisembara 1992, pp. 815-825

(By the way, since this review does occasionally seem to carry
significant articles, it would be most commendable if the LC tried to
extend its run beyond 1996.)

I also find another relevant article in my files:

Saccidānanda Miśra, "Vaiṣṇava Līlāmṛta: aitihāsika mūlya
nirddhāraṇa", in Prajñāloka (Praphesara Vāsudeva Sāhu
Abhinandana Grantha), Kaṭaka [Cuttack], Vidyāprakāśana, 2000, pp.
168-174.

As far as I recall, the main reason for doubting the authenticity of
the Vaiṣṇava Līlāmṛta is the fact that it contains many
historical references that could not have been known to a 16th or
17th century writer.

Arlo Griffiths