FW: Patanjali quote (fwd)

Martin Gansten Martin.Gansten at TEOL.LU.SE
Sun Jul 8 21:28:31 UTC 2007

>I am looking for the origin of the following quotation:
>
>"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project,
all your thoughts break their bounds. Your mind transcends limitations,
your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a
new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties, and talents
come alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than
you ever dreamt to be."

Although unable to supply chapter and verse offhand, I would be prepared to
bet that the quotation is from the Yogasutra 'translation' by T.K.V.
Desikachar. It sounds very much like his style.

Martin Gansten