Indology and "the disastrous ideology of the 'pure Aryan race'"

gruenendahl gruenen at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Wed Jan 10 11:48:50 UTC 2007

On 10 Jan 2007 at 11:57, Harry Falk wrote:

> Dear George,
> "Ahnenerbe" was an institution run by Himmler and the likes. Its chief
> was Alfred Rosenberg, a fanatical nazi, hanged Nürnberg 1946.

Allow me one correction:
Alfred Rosenberg was the chief ideologue and in charge of an authority the name of
which would be puzzling by its mere length.
Second in charge of the Ahnenerbe was Walther Wüst, Munich indologist, and as
far as I know, he was acquitted ... But that doesn't matter in the present context, I
believe.

More on this when I reply to other contributions; apologies for the delay. The
problem has been solved now.

Greeetings
Reinhold Grünendahl

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Göttingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm