Phone cameras [was Re: Ancient Buddhist Scrolls from Gandhara]

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Oct 18 18:37:54 UTC 2006

just a footnote, regarding ways of doing this sort of thing conveniently.

I have a mobile phone that contains a 2 megapixel camera.  It isn't even a
very recent phone (Sony-Ericsson K750i).  But the camera is good enough to
snap a page of print and produce an image that is as good as a photocopy.
And in colour.  I can send the picture to my laptop for printing,
emailing, etc.  It's all very convenient.

Now, if I could only use it in libraries ....

But sorry, Stephen, I don't have Rich's book to hand.