sUta

Sanjay Kumar sanjay.kumar at MAIL.MCGILL.CA
Thu Nov 16 12:47:18 UTC 2006

shri-McComas-mahodayaah, adho-nirdiSTau nibandhau roceyaataam:
Of Sudras, Sutas, and Slokas: Why is the Mahabharata Preeminently in the Anustubh Metre?

Journal                        Indo-Iranian Journal <http://www.springerlink.com/content/1572-8536/>

Publisher                    Springer Netherlands

Issue                           Volume 43, Number 3 / September, 2000 <http://www.springerlink.com/content/nkj30c6tcwjj/>

Pages                         225-278

The Vahivanca Barots of Gujarat: A Caste of Genealogists and Mythographers

A. M. Shah; R. G. Shroff

The Journal of American Folklore, Vol. 71, No. 281, Traditional India: Structure and Change. (Jul. - Sep., 1958), pp. 246-276.

Sanjay Kumar

Faculty of Religious Studies

McGill University, Montreal, Canada