'Hindu' stamp - correction

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Sat Mar 11 18:56:08 UTC 2006

You can see the whole set of stamps on this page:

http://www.royalmail.com:80/portal/rm/jump2?catId=16200174&mediaId=16300346

and a bigger one of the 'Hindu' stamp on this page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4396204.stm

At 7:34 am -0800 11/3/06, Dean Anderson wrote:

>Is there a picture of the stamp available somewhere?

My impression of the date was the same as Joanna's:

At 9:17 am -0700 11/3/06, jkirk wrote:
>The tilak on the man's forehead could be a slim version of a
>Vaisnava mark in that it's vertical, but very attenuated and not
>typical. (Strikes me as an artist's fancy.) (It's certainly not a
>full fledged Vaisnava tilak mark). The general style of the picture
>strikes me as [19th]-early 20th c, along the lines of Chughtai or
>the Bengal School.

Valerie