Vimzatikaa

Jonathan Silk silk at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 1 19:06:50 UTC 2006

In 1989 K Mimaki, M Tachikawa and A Yuyama published photos of the
only known ms of Vasubandhu's Vimzatikaa. The editio princips was
published in 1925 by S Levi, on the basis of copies made at his
request; he did not have access to the original in making his
edition, although he had seen it in Nepal. All subsequents editions,
to my knowledge, have copied L, often with conjectural emendations.
What I am wondering is if there is any published (or unpublished)
collation of the now published palm-leaf ms.

With apologies for cross-posting to Indology and H-Buddhism, J Silk
--
Jonathan Silk
Department of Asian Languages & Cultures