history of Kavyamala series

gruenendahl gruenen at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Fri Oct 21 14:24:01 UTC 2005

Sorry, but a short answer is all I have time for at the moment:

This library has complete sets of both Kavyamala series, which are
not directly related to one another, as far as I am aware. Let's call
them the short and the long series. Here are to links which should
list them both in our OPAC:

The short series:

http://goopc4.sub.uni-
goettingen.de:8080/DB=1/SET=2/TTL=1/FAM?PPN=145566331

The long series:

http://goopc4.sub.uni-
goettingen.de:8080/DB=1/SET=5/TTL=97/FAM?PPN=129837423

(please remove line breaks)

Apart from that, we have a complete set of the original wrappers of
all fascicles of the long series, which may be helpful for anyone
trying to reconstruct the history of their publication.

I don't know of any study of the Kavyamala apart from Weber's
short article, which gives some useful hints for users.

Best regards
Reinhold Grünendahl

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Göttingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian
Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm