Tim Mackintosh -Smith: RAS Lecture (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Mon May 9 10:40:27 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:32:16 +0100
From: Ulrich Pagel <up1 at soas.ac.uk>
To: up1 at soas.ac.uk
Subject: Tim Mackintosh -Smith: RAS Lecture

Tim Mackintosh -Smith

`The Hall of A Thousand Columns: From Hindustan to Malabar with Ibyn Battutah''

The Royal Asiatic Society is holding a fundraising lecture at the Royal
Geographical Society on the 9th June 2005 at 6.00pm.  Tim Mackintosh Smith
has kindly consented to give a lecture on his new book entitled The Hall
of a Thousand Columns, From Hindustan to Malabar with Ibn Battutah.  I
would be extremely grateful for any help you could give in promoting this
event through friends and acquaintances. This is the first time that the
Society has embarked on such a venture and am very eager for it to be a
success. I have put some blurb about it below.  I have attached the flyer
for it [removed -- ed.] but would be very happy to send you some in the
post. If you would like to come please send a cheque to Royal Asiatic
Society, 60 Queenfs Gardens, London W2 3AF Tickets are £10 non-fellows £8
concessions/fellows.

With thanks and best wishes,
Alison Ohta
Curator