Indological Spam

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Fri Dec 3 13:40:43 UTC 2004

What do members do about spam from firms who presumably collect our
email addresses from these lists?  At present I am being plagued by
an Indian bookseller's firm called Bagchee.com, who keep sending
'newsletters' about 150k in size.  I've had 4 during the past week.
The 'unsubscribe' button on their website does not work.  Messages
sent to their email address bounce back labelled 'User mailbox
exceeds allowed size'.  Messages sent to 'postmaster' or 'abuse' @
their ISP don't seem to be delivered either.  Legal sanctions seem to
work only with firms based in the same country.

Does anyone know how to deal with this nuisance?

(With apologies for cross-posting)

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK