anyone in Burma working on conservation of palm leaf mss

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Aug 18 13:33:54 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

If anyone knows anyone in Burma working on the conservation of palm
leaf manuscripts, could they please directly communicate with Ms.
Tandon, a former intern in conservation at LOC, whose message to me is
below?  I would appreciate being carboned, however, since that is an
issue of concern to me as well.

Thanks,

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section
Asian Division
Library of Congress
Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library
of Congress.

>>> Aparna Tandon <atandon at jammu.com> 8/17/2004 11:39:43 PM >>>
Dear Allen,

I hope you remember meeting with me at the Library where I was working

as Fulbright scholar in the Conservation Division with Jesse Munn to
develop approaches for conservation of palm leaf manuscripts under your

charge in the year 2001. I hope you are doing well .
After my return to India, I established a NGO here in J&K called
Preserve Art Treasure and Heritage. We are working in rural areas for
spreading awareness about Preventive Conservation most of the time, And

now I am going to present a Paper on our work in Yangon Myanmar at the

7th International Symposium on Cultural Heritage being organized by
ASEAN and Aus Heritage from
21-25th August . I leave day after tomorrow. I know this is too short a

notice but I was hoping find some contacts there to look into
preservation problems of Palm leaf manuscript collections while I am
there.

Looking forward to your response,

With sincere regards,

Aparna