Job advertisement in medical history

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Apr 5 17:47:13 UTC 2004

The research centre where I work at University College London is
advertising a new post.  Details at:

  http://www.ucl.ac.uk/histmed/news.html

This isn't an indological job as such, but history of medicine.  However,
the advertisement says "Any and all fields will be considered, although we
have identified three areas of particular need: 1) the medieval period,
with working research skills in Arabic, Latin, or Hebrew; 2) gender and
medicine; 3) modern biomedical science and medicine."  So an indologist
with the right combination of interests certainly wouldn't be ruled out.

Asianists currently working at the Wellcome Centre include Sanjoy
Bhattacharya (India, international), Vivienne Lo (China, CAM), Alex McKay
(Tibet), Nandini Bhattacharya (India), Hormuz Ebrahimnejad (Iran), Kanwen
Ma (China), Leela Sami (India), Guy Attewell (India), and myself.  Hal
Cook, our Director, works on the Dutch East India company, and Andrew Wear
also works on colonial medicine in India and elsewhere.

I bring this to the attention of INDOLOGY members out of general interest;
please circulate it to anyone or any group you think would be interested.

Best,
Dominik

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk
Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/histmed

--
Email processed on Mondays and Thursdays.