XML/TEI-Sanskrit texts, anyone?

Birgit Kellner birgit.kellner at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Thu Feb 27 17:08:15 UTC 2003

The potential of XML/XSLT, in combination with the TEI guidelines, is
really amazing. I'm just starting to look into all these things, and
therefore my question:

Are there already any Indic e-texts available which make use of these
technologies? Or are such projects under way, anywhere?

For those who are interested: I experimented a little with perl and XML. I
used Tilman Vetter's edition of the first chapter of the PramANavinizcaya
by DharmakIrti (Tibetan text) as an example. This has no XSLT background;
just a simple perl script using perl XML modules to translate XML markup
into HTML entities.  I used Andrew Glass' Gandhari Unicode font for the
diacritics:

http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/Birgit.Kellner/cgi-bin/xmldom.cgi?file=pvin1&pa
ge=30

I would appreciate any information about similar projects.

Best regards,

Birgit Kellner