Medieval Indian clothing?

Yaroslav Vassilkov yavass at YV1041.SPB.EDU
Wed Dec 10 08:20:05 UTC 2003

There is also a book: Roshen Alkazi. Ancient Indian Costume. New Delhi: Art Heritage, 1983
(An abridged edition: New Delhi: National Book Trust, India, 1996, 1998. "India - The Land
and the People" Series), but it ends with the Gupta Period.
                                                                Yaroslav Vassilkov

Wed, 10 Dec 103 10:29 +0300 MSK Arlo Griffiths wrote to INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk:

> I cannot say anything about whether this is a good source, since I have
> myself never looked at it yet, but perhaps it's worth a peek:
>
> La vie publique et privйe dans l'Inde ancienne : (IIe siиcle av. J.C.-VIIIe
> siиcle environ) / *Fasc. 7* Les costumes / par Anne-Marie Loth ; prйf. de
> Jeannine Auboyer
>
> Paris, Presses Universitaires de France 1979
>
> Arlo Griffiths
>

> > From: Dean Anderson <dean anderson at SACARI.ORG>
> > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:41:18 -0600
> > To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
> > Subject: Medieval Indian clothing?
> >
> > Can anyone recommend good sources on the clothing of medieval India?
> >
> > Dean Anderson
> > South and Central Asia Research Institute

---
Yaroslav Vassilkov (yavass at YV1041.spb.edu)
Institute of Oriental Studies
Wed, 10 Dec 103 11:14 +0300 MSK