utf-skt works & Unicode for Mac users

B. Reusch reusch at UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Oct 14 17:53:59 UTC 2002

I checked Juergen's web site and cannot figure out how in the world I
would use those programs in OS X.

Now that Nisus will be in OS X in the not-too-distant future, I have
been worrying about replacing my current, Classic (OS 9), fonts and
keyboard layouts. Are there any Unicode fonts (and keyboard layouts)
for Mac users to write Sanskrit, from Vedic on, in Roman scripts?
Are we supposed to become proficient not only in Unicode but also in
Latex or XML, etc. if we want non-Mac users to read and write from
Mac files? Is Unicode compatible with Postscript and with the pdf
format?

Thanks for your kind help and enlightenment.

Beatrice Reusch