Which number the naada indicates?

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Jun 7 15:54:41 UTC 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Richard Salomon wrote:

> I have had a quick look through the two most comprehensive lists of
> chronogram words, namely:
>
>     D.C. Sircar, Indian Epigraphy, pp. 230-3
>     P.V. Kane, History of Dharmasastra, vol.V.1, pp.702-3.

Just as a footnote, appendix I in M. Rangacarya's edition and tr., "The
Ganita-sara-sangraha of Mahaviracarya with English translation and notes"
(Madras 1912) has quite a good list of bhutasankhyas.  Not particularly
better than the above or L'Inde Classique's, but it does include some
specifically Jaina terms like bandha = 4 etc.  (Also svara=7, but no naada
or sabda etc.)

Dominik