Help in looking up a reference

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Thu Jan 10 12:49:04 UTC 2002

It would help me a lot if anyone who has access to the Marathi publication
listed below, perhaps Allen Thrasher at the LC, could look it up and see if
it gives any information on a Sanskrit pandit named Zaamazaastrii Dravi.da
Dvivedii.  This person belongs to 1750-1800 AD.  I am editing and
translating a Sanskrit work, Vedavicaara, by this pandit, but we have no
other information about him.  Chitrav Shastri's Madhyayugiin Caritra Koza
may possibly have some information on him.  The Vedavicaara itself survives
in one manuscript dated to Zaka 1746 and a printed edition from Vai, 1912.
The edition contains no information about the author.  Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

                                            Madhav Deshpande

Bh¯aratavarsh¯iya madhyayug¯ina caritrako´sa Maurya Candragupt¯ap¯as¯una...

LC Control Number:      85909751
Type of Material:       Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Brief Description:      Chitrav, Siddheshvarshastri Vishnu, 1894-
Bh¯aratavarsh¯iya madhyayug¯ina caritrako´sa [microform] : Maurya
Candragupt¯ap¯as¯una Pe´sav¯a¯iakhera khri. p¯u. 321-~i. sã. 1818 /
Siddhe´svara´s¯astr¯i Citr¯ava.
Pun~e : Bh¯aratavarsh¯iya Caritrako´sa-Mandala, 1937.
12, 848 p. ; 25 cm.
CALL NUMBER:    Microfiche 85/70196 (D) So Asia
Copy 1
-- Request in:  Asian Reading Room (Jefferson, LJ150)