Indological bookshop virus

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sun Feb 10 22:00:16 UTC 2002

I've had an email from a company purporting to be an Indological
publisher, something like "Indological Books and CDs", associated with a
person with the surname Jain.  Very plausible.  There's a website and an
email address ending in the domain ".cc".  I haven't got the details to
hand because I've deleted it all.

But I'm pretty sure this is nothing more than a new way of distributing a
virus.  If you try to view the company's website, at
something.something.cc, you get asked to install a program, and offered a
file "readme.exe".  It's all viral stuff.

Stay clear of it.

Best,
Dominik