NDFL; was "Central Asian Linguists Wanted"

Christian K. Wedemeyer wedemeyer at HUM.KU.DK
Mon Oct 1 09:46:56 UTC 2001

NDFL was not "allowed to lapse."  It merely had its name changed to
FLAS (Foreign Language and Area Studies), so as to camouflage its
Cold War/Sputnik roots.

Even as we speak, students continue to be funded by this program. .
.and who knows?  Some of them may even be able to get jobs now!

Best,

Christian