Rebuilding Great Lord Buddha of Bamiyan (& WEBSITE??)

Tein Network deartein at CAPACCESS.ORG
Thu Mar 22 23:39:40 UTC 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Arya Buddha wrote:

> We have heard from our friends that you are maybe the
> most distinguished assembly of scholars. We seek your
> help.
>
> We are Arya Buddha Association. One of our aims is to
> rebuild the image of the Great Lord Buddha of Bamiyan,
> one of our greatest heritage.
>
> Arya Buddha Association
> M.A.
Dear MA,

Thank you for your wonderful project.

I belong to a Buddhist E-GROUP here in America, and a small group of us
are now discussing the possibility of putting together a website dedicated
the artists and the Sangha who created this world art treasurer. Our
intent is learn more about the culture, the Sangha, and the artists who
created this artistic treasure of humanity. We would love to include your
pictures and inspirations of your project in our website project in future
as we make progress in developing the needed knowledge.

Our thought is to approach a university group who has knowledge of the
history and culture of that place and time, to assist us to learn as much
as possible about the life and times of that culture long ago, and the
Sangha and the artists who created this great treasuer. We would seek to
learn about that period of history, and share such as knowledge and
pictures as we can find to share with the world via this website.

Perhaps we can establish communication between our two complimentary
projects, and assist eachother as we go forward in these tasks.

We would welcome any information referrals and sources of knowledge from
the INDOLOGY list who is able to contribute with knowledge and inspiration
to both of these complimentary tasks.

Any comments ?

Avi Dey Coordinator,
Hindu Temple Library Project
Virginia, USA

[admin note: changed date from Thu, 22 Mar 1973 18:39:40 -0500]