Lankaavataara-suutra

Martin Delhey mdelhey at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 14 04:20:39 UTC 2001

Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> 2]  Is the date of the Sanskrit version of the suutra known or are there
> any conjrctures on it?

You can refer to Lambert Schmithausen's article "A note on Vasubandhu and
the Lankaavataarasuutra" in Asiatische Studien 46.1 (1992). He argues that
the Suutra is later than Vasubandhu's Tri.m´sikaa.

>  And in the Chapter on dhaara.nii, the version of
> Bodhiruci has a mention of ".daaka and .daakinii" (T. XVI 671 viii 565a6)
> also (I don't know if it is there in the Sanskrit version)

It is also in the Sanskrit Version (Nanjio's edition 262, 13 ).

With kind regards,
Martin Delhey
University of Hamburg