SV: Plight of Buddhist art

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 2 18:33:16 UTC 2001

>Samar Abbas wrote..
>2. One day, Playboy-President Bill Clinton wakes up to find he is >about to
>be impeached over Monica cigarettes. So he decides to bomb >`rogue state'
>Afghanistan because it `opposes Israel, the center of >the Universe'.
>Viola! Bill Clinton is miraculously saved from >impeachment.

Please turn your clock forward by 40 days. The new prez is George W. Bush,
now we know the recount also.

I understand Taliban has its back to a wall, and there is a limit any one
can take. But the interesting thing about civilizations is that every thing
is taken to the limit, and at the time of doing it nobody cares about
limits. The element of self control is missing.

The bipolar world was gone, and the unipolar world order is now under
question as more skeletons are coming out of the cupboard. Hopefully some
wounds may heal like in Vietnam. But with more and more freetrade we are
heading towards a multi-polar world controlled by  beurocracies like UN.
Isolating trouble makers and providing them with food supplies till tempers
cool may be a good idea. But this works only when UN becomes powerful enough
to talk tough and make sure its sponsors themselves dont create trouble.

Best,
Bhadraiah