More utilities (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Jul 27 16:39:20 UTC 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:30:13 +0100 (BST)
From: John Smith <jds10 at cam.ac.uk>
To: Dominik Wujastyk <d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: John Smith <jds10 at cam.ac.uk>
Subject: More utilities

Dear Dominik,

Could I ask you to put the following up on Indology? Thanks.

                            ------------

I have placed two new programs on my website: pc2mac and mac2pc. These
are utility programs to allow people to transfer Word documents using
"private" character encodings such as Norman or CSX+ between PCs and
Macintoshes. At present such documents are garbled in the transfer, as
Word assumes that each file is in the native encoding of the source
machine, and translates it to the native encoding of the destination
machine.

The programs, and a README file explaining how to use them, can be
found by connecting to http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk and then
following the links "programs" => "pc2mac".

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith               *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies  *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk
Sidgwick Avenue              *  Tel. 01223 335140
Cambridge CB3 9DA            *  Fax  01223 335110