Greetings

Narayan R.Joshi giravani at JUNO.COM
Sat Jan 13 15:44:12 UTC 2001

I wish all "Shubha Makar SankramaNa"and Pongula".
Yellabelli Tagori,Vande mAtAdrI.
Tilagula ghyA ANi Goda bolA.
We make efforts on this day to stick together with sweetness of GUla and
oilyness of Sesame seeds.We make also efforts to further discussions where
knowledge is exchanged and avoid arguments where ignorance is exchanged. We
also try to discover truth in the prehistory of India instead of creating
truths or fabricating multiple meaning labels. All Bharatiya BhA.sA
Bhaginis are beautiful.In some parts of India today our Bhaginis decorated
with Abhu.saNAs are visiting temples to exchange(VAnavasA) SaubhAgya Danam.
In the same way our BhA.sA BhaginIs (from Akini to BhaginI) are loaded with
SarasvatI AbharaNAs and all of us enjoy their beauty enhanced with their
AlankArAs.
To the best of my knowledge Sanskrit word "kalA"(phase)is related to the
root "kal" (to count).KalA(moon's phase) is beautiful Sanskrit word.In the
process of Sanskritization,  the literal translation of the term Complex
number from mathematics is presented as Ka.thiNa SankhyA. Instead the term
KalAyanI SankhyA looks more appropriate. A complex number has KalA(phase)
and Ayanam(amplitude).Four years ago somebody suggested Sanskritized terms
Paru.sa-ganak for hardware and Mridu-ganak for software.Literal
translations become funny. Concepts should be caught in new Sanskrit terms.
Calculations is one function of computers. Hence the name Sanganak is also
short of true concept. Computers are Ketaka (encoders-Sanketaka and
decoders-Viketaka).Thanks.