Khambesvari puujaa with Buffalo sacrifice

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Thu Feb 15 19:13:45 UTC 2001

It is most common for South Indian
Hindus to use the word Puja whereas most North Indian Hindus use the
word Havan.  The word puuja seems more at home in South Indian
vernaculars than their counterparts in the North.>> Prof. P. Kumar
in Indolgy.

This is patently wrong stereo-typing. I would urge dravidologists to spend
some time in north indian villages rather than quote some p. kumar.

Also most people know that tilak was well versed in sanskrit. I would again
urge draviologists to crane their neck northwards a little.

RB