New interpretation of Yoga Suutra

Thu Feb 8 00:24:51 UTC 2001

>Thank you Sri Sundaresan, there is also an etymology of indra - "idam
>adarzamitI" in aitareya upaniSat. The variation "idam >darzamitI" lacks the
>punch. Any comments if necessary.

1. There IS NO such variation as "idam darzam". It is not even
   a remote possibility here, so the question of punch or lack
   of it does not arise.

2. The usage of prefix a- is not restricted to negation. Here,
   it shows the past tense (I saw). Again, there is no place
   for "darzam" in the aitareya reference.

Vidyasankar