SV: Did you hear this?

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 1 06:38:37 UTC 2001

>From: Rohit Chopra <cosmicomic at HOTMAIL.COM>

>Mere technological superiority, in itself, does not lead to >colonialism.
>What about intra-Asian colonialism?

I do not condemn colonialism or any other social structure unless it turns
unfair. Indians colonized many islands around the world and dominated. To
some extent they face the same music Britishers faced in India. Some social
structures like democracy offer better chance of equality and justice. Most
others turn unfair sooner or later.

>in the case of a technocratic community of Indians, it leads to >applying a
>technological paradigm to understanding culture, where >everything can be
>seen according to the principles of modular logic

I understand that technocracy is far removed from reality. But aristocracy
and technocracy are two sides of the same coin. When Elitism and Aristocracy
control all resources, the creative effort of society is stifled and the
intellect takes refuge in technocracy which is destined to be a failure.

Please check this out..

http://www.virtualschool.edu/mon/Bionomics/MilitaryImplications.html

The best guard against technocracy is to understand that social systems are
non-linear.

>By the way, would you agree that the class of Indians who leave for the US
>and make big bucks working in technology are a modern day >equivalent of a
>so-called 'westernized elite'

Isn't it how societies work? Everybody works for his or her own benefit or
immediate family, or country and world in that order? If nobody told these
people their duties and responsibilities who is to blame? When people who
occupy high places make claims about "sacrifices", what morals can we expect
from mortals?

Regards
Bhadraiah