SV: URLs for a Hinduism course

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Mon Aug 27 15:30:37 UTC 2001

Madhav Deshpande [SMTP:mmdesh at UMICH.EDU] skrev 27. august 2001 16:39:
>      I am trying to find a good academically appropriate collection of
URLs which would be helpful as a
> source of information on Hinduism for undergraduate students.  Something
that would cover from IE
> background and Harappan Civilization to modern times.  Has anyone put
together such a collection of
> URLs?   Best,

Hello, Madhav,

here are a few Hindu web sites. In case you want a collection of Hindutva
sites as well, I have a few of those as well, but I believe the sites below
are less "political".

http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/veda.html
http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/image-gallery-vedicdeity.html
http://www.hindunet.org/home.shtml
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp/
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5084/agni.html

The following web sites offers critique of Hinduism from a Dalit point of

http://www.ambedkar.org/

Hope this is of some help.

Best wishes,

Lars Martin