Save Indology

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 16 13:52:12 UTC 2001

Dr. Joshi wrote:
>would not it be appropriate to follow a moderate remedy first of decreasing
>the frequency of contributions per person?

I think Dr. Kochhar suggested this before. However this policy, though
not explicit, has been implemented by Dr. Wujastyk for a long time.
He insists of about 15 messages per month. But my point is
as long as the messages are 1) not insulting, 2) does not refer to
a living person's name or recent post and 3) when the message
is relevant indologically, why block them? With scholarly and/or
philological references. After all India is one billion people and
growing.

I fully understand the difficult role that Dominik has had to take,
initially he might not have thought so much work is involved here.
Our Founder has done a tremendous job, and hope that he'll
continue to handle Indology list. A committee, no doubt, has to
help him in the cutting up of membership priveleges.

Thanks,
N. Ganesan