None

Lynken Ghose lynkenghose at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 13 21:42:08 UTC 2001

Dear Dr. Bhatta:

I feel that your last comments about Dr. Farmer's postings seemed more like
a personal attack than a critique that could be useful for list members.

Dr. Farmer's last posting was obviously one of inquiry concerning Panini
etc. I didn't think that it was from the standpoint of an expert at all.

You have made a good point about not claiming expertise on texts which are
written in a language that one knows imperfectly. That point is well taken
by myself and probably most people in Indological studies.

My impression was that Dr. Farmer admitted this point, although I am sure
that he will speak for himself on this.

I am not sure what purpose it serves to "rub one's point in", and that is my
impression of what is happening.

Lynken Ghose