Q: Historical Tamil syntax

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 12 14:26:32 UTC 2001

 Grammarians use another famous sentence:

 "eRumpu muTTaikoNTu tiTTai ERin2 mazai peytatu."

Here, even though "peytatu" denotes past, it actually
means the future - "it's going to rain".

It's like someone saying in March 2000, "NASDAQ/DotCom
stocks crashed" if (s)he was sure.

Regards,
SM