FWD: Conference in Poland

Hans Henrich Hock hhhock at UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU
Mon Sep 11 15:51:17 UTC 2000

I just received the announcement below and hope that it will be
useful to the list members.

Best wishes,

Hans Henrich Hock

Krakow, July 7th 2000

Dear Colleague,

We have great honour in inviting you to the 2nd INTERNATIONAL
CONFERENCE ON INDIAN STUDIES, which will be held at the Jagiellonian
University in Krakow, Poland. The Conference will be organised by the
Institute of Oriental Philology, Dept. of Indian Studies,
Jagiellonian University, and is to take place between the 19th and
the 23rd of September 2001.

Our 1st International Conference on Sanskrit and Related Studies took
place in September 1993, and was organised to celebrate the 100th
anniversary of Sanskrit studies at the Jagiellonian University. The
2nd Conference is dedicated to the memory of our eminent teacher
Tadeusz Poboniak. Due to his efforts Indian Studies at our University
were re-established after a state-enforced break of many years. He
was also the person who extended the range of Indian Studies in
Krakow by including into them modern Indian languages and Hindi
literature. For this reason we have decided to modify the name of
the Conference. Through calling it the 2nd we would like to continue
the tradition of our previous one.

We request you to kindly inform us about the possibility of your
participation at our Conference as well as about the proposed title
of your paper before the 15th of December 2000.

On behalf of the Organising Committee

Secretary of the Conference