SV: SV: SV: Kinship systems

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 12 18:17:21 UTC 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:53:06 +0100, V.C.Vijayaraghavan

>> The question is : are such institutions symbols of a separate ethnicity
or
>> not ? If they are, what does any of it have to do with the BJP ?
>
>Let us not get diverted into ethnicity of Muslims of Tamilnadu. I just gave
>the illustration of Muslims in Srilanka to show why a single language is no
>criterion of a single ethnicity

Communalisation of Muslims in Sri Lanka
An Historical Perspective
By F. Zackariya and N. Shanmugaratnam

available in the net at

http://www.mnet.fr/aiindex/SL_communal.html

also

Emerging ethnic consciousness in contemporary Muslim society
by Jezima Ismail
(not a book but a newspaper article archived at)

http://www.egroups.com/message/Lanka_muslim_link/7

Raveen