[ADMIN] Re: RAJARAM EPISODE

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Oct 4 11:12:11 UTC 2000

Okay, everyone.  I think we're drifting off into silliness again on this
thread.

Please could you make a strong effort to stick to well-defined indological
topics, and not to engage in long meandering assults on other-people's
styles of discourse or communal affiliations.

If it is of any help, I find that NOT using the "quote message" facility
when replying to email can substantially raise the quality and
intelligibility of what one writes.

By contrast, interspersing quoted lines
        "> blah blah"
with one's responses
        "You said blah blah, but that's because you're a twit"
can lead to a self-indulgent, argumentative nit-picking style.  It just
seems to encourage one to take issue with every little thing that the
other person has typed, rather than actually taking a moment to THINK.
(Dare I suggest we could all think more and write less?)

Thank you.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.