Siva and Vishnu (was: Kinship systems)

RM. Krishnan poo at GIASMD01.VSNL.NET.IN
Sat Nov 11 09:25:59 UTC 2000

At 02:49 PM 11/10/00 +0000, you wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:39:49 GMT, Maran Kathirchelvan
><maran_kathirchelvan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>

>Dear Sir
>
>While I thank you for the prodigious amount of reference you have given, I
>am dismayed at your comments, which do not sound logical. You sume that
>familiarity with ANY tamil literature will lead to all the references you
>have given. I did write that the search I did with Cologne ebase yielded
>negative result
>

>I also notice that you have failed to give any reference for VaiNavam.
>

>Regards
>
>Vijayaraghavan

Dear Mr. Vijayaraghavan,

Did I not give you the earliest reference for the word Saivam (maNimEkalai)
and VaiNavam ( PeriyAzvAr) ? You did acknowledge that.
And now you write to Mr Maran that there is no reference to VaiNavam.. How
is that?

With regards,
irAma.ki

By the way, I have not forgotten your asking for the references to the
prevalence cross-cousin marriages among Dravidians. It will take some time;
but I will come back.