Madhava, Vidyaranya, Sringeri, and Kulke

Sat May 27 06:50:50 UTC 2000

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan <Palaniappa at AOL.COM>

>Considering the obvious difference in meaning here, I would appreciate some
>comments on the reliability of Tapasyanda's translation.

I don't have the original text handy with me right now. I'll need time to
check up on it. My earlier posting was based on my memory of that particular
chapter. But yes, in general, Tapasyananda's translation is not a strict
word-to-word rendering.

Vidyasankar