Azerbaijan Hindu Fire-Temple ( Re: Zoroastrians in other countries)

Rustam Masalewala masalewala at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 13 01:13:28 UTC 2000

>The first account of Baku fire-temple, owned by Hindu >traders, is found in
>17th century.

I wonder if it had any connection with Zoroastrian
religion. I would think it probably had.

>The temple was a museum in the Soviet era. I'm
>no sure what happened to it after that.

It is still there. Someone sent me a URL
http://www.bakupages.com/wwwroot/fire_temple.asp

Are there any functioning fire-temples in China?
Someone told me there may be some, but that is hard
to believe.

Rustam