sending mail to the list

Claude Setzer cssetzer at MUM.EDU
Tue Mar 28 03:40:26 UTC 2000

> Thank you very much, I try to see again, but in all my pages I use western
> encoding. May be you start from other (russian) pages of our server ? But
if
> this base is interesting for you, I can send it in zip file directly.

I started out with the link in your post to Indology. Then there was no
clear link to your database in your introduction, but I found that several
of the links got me into the database. When I changed to western encoding,
the Russian/Cyrillic characters went away. If I use back arrow on the web
browser or go to some other page in your site, then the Cyrillic encoding
comes back. Since I figured out how to get it to work, I can continue to do
that, but I think many people will not be able to figure this out and so
cannot see your fonts correctly unless you either tell them or somehow
figure to how to make it not do this.

I suggest that you: 1) put very clear message at the beginning of your
introduction that tells the user how to best enter your database, and 2)
warn the user of the potential for incorrect encoding of your fonts.

thanks

Claude Setzer