Negroids & Shudras, North-south

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Sat Mar 18 23:24:59 UTC 2000

Yashwant Malaiya wrote:

> 1. The siddis or shidis loving in the coastal areas of
> Sindh, Maharastra and Konkana are of Negro descent. Since
> some of them are Hindu, and since they are concentrated in
> coastal areas, suggests that not all of them were brought
> as slaves during the Muslim period. They could have
> arrived as traders etc.
>
> They are physically quite distinct and have nothing to do with
> Dravidians.

Yashwant, the theories of Runoko Rashidi, Bernard Sergeant, Clyde Ahmad
Winters and others are not acutally linked with the medieval arrival of
the Siddis.

They argue either for a Holocene or pre-Holocene migration from the
Sahara or East Africa as the main source of 'recent' African genetic and
cultural contribution to the Dravidian population.

Strangely, the ancient Greeks also noted that there were very hoary
connections between 'Ethiopia' and India.

> A lot of
> brahmins can be quite dark.

One of the darkest people I've seen was a brahmin that I met in Delhi,
although I don't think he was originally from there. The lightest
brahmins I've seen were Kashmiri migrant/refugees living in Kathmandu.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala

--
Check out http://AsiaPacificUniverse.com/