Pluralism, Texts, and Oaths

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at KABELFOON.NL
Fri Mar 10 17:34:07 UTC 2000

For some buddhists swearing on a book might be pure fetishism. Buddhism is not a religion
of the book, this is a pure semitic thing. A buddhastatue would be more effective in this
case. However spoken formula's are very much respected as well. Let buddhists say the
refuge formule and forget about books.