Harappan 'non-texts'

George Thompson GthomGt at CS.COM
Mon Jul 3 17:30:33 UTC 2000

In a message dated 7/3/00 11:20:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

> But S.R.Rao claims to read all the IVC seals as Vedic! Also,
>  I have seen exhaustive study of the Rgveda to deduce that
>  Dravidians moved into India after the Aryans.

A quick note to acknowledge N. Ganesan's recent response, but I do not wish
to respond to it.  Attempts at identifying the language[s] of IVC, in my
opinion, are not only premature.  They are also too controversial!  I'd
prefer to stick to a lower level of analysis -- in order to talk about the
signs themselves, and about proper methods for studying them.

Best,

George Thompson