Text of a Song in Praise of Sanskrit

Shrinivas Tilak shrinivast at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 8 04:28:57 UTC 2000

    In recent years I have noticed that a typical "Annual Sanskrit Day"
function in Pune begins and/or ends with a song in praise of Sanskrit. The
beginning words of the song are: pravahatAm samskRta mandAkinI...
    Can anyone on this list supply the text of this song, which I believe
was composed by Professor Kashikar? (It is not very long). On one such
occasion I suggested to the lady who sang it to make it available as an
audio casette. If it is now so available where could I buy it?
    Thanks,

    S.Tilak, 4-642 Watt St. Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2K 2S5
    (204) 669 4957