Double truth etc

Sun Dec 31 07:29:26 UTC 2000

Bhadraiah Mallampalli <vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>... In my opinion, all these are wrong. indra,
>viSNu etc are merely symbols of the subject of "knowing". The fact that the
>codification was lost does not give the right to any one to monopolyze a

What if this opinion is mistaken? What if indra and vishNu are
more than symbols? What if there was no codification to be lost
in the first place? What if there were multiple codes, with each
author speaking in his or her own favorite riddles?

>subject one way or other. In the absence of a final proven opinion, all
>possible opinions must be explored until one of them is proven.

On what independent basis does one "finally" prove any opinion?
If there is such a basis, I'd be much happier with it and forget
about the "mere symbolism", which moreover has "lost" its codes.

Vidyasankar